Institutions

Historical information :
It was organized in 1922 in Leningrad as publishing house of State Arts History Institute. It published books on the theory and history of the literature and art. Since 1926 the publishing house became independent and it published mainly the translations of classical authors of the world literature, later it moved to Moscow. In 1938 it was joined with Goslitizdat.